Zass Solutions Limited – Privacy Notice.
Personal information and what we do with it
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new EU Regulation which seeks to harmonise data protection laws in the EU and introduce greater control over the use of personal information. The GDPR will automatically apply in the UK (and in all other EU Member States) on and from 25 May 2018.
Zass Solutions takes the protection of your privacy very seriously. We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to meet our legal responsibilities.
What type of information do we collect from you? How is this used and our legal basis for processing this data.
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on which services you engage us to deliver. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, tax and national insurance references, employer's references, company and business details and bank account details.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
· Contact you by post, email or telephone.
· Maintain our records in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
· Process financial transactions to produce accounts and to provide other services as agreed in our letter of engagement with you.
· Verify your identity where this is required.
· Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption.
· Our legal basis for processing personal data:
· This is to assist you as your appointed agents to help you fulfil your legal responsibilities, with regard to accountancy and tax compliance, and provide other services as agreed in our letter of engagement with you.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting Zass Solutions using the 'Contact information' noted below.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Any staff with access to your information have a duty of confidentiality under the ethical standards that this firm is required to follow.
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent or unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime, fraud or corruption.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers and agents for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf, for example to enable bookkeeping and ensure you are kept up to date. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep the information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
How can you access and update your information?
Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us. We commit to regularly review and correct where necessary, the information that we hold about you. If any of your information changes, please email or write to us, or call us using the ‘Contact information’ noted below.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Zass Solutions holds about you.
Security precautions in place for the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We store data via third party applications including Microsoft and Google products and process and store data on our tax and accounting software. Where we have given, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access information, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Your data will always be processed in our office in the UK.
We may occasionally contact you by post / email / telephone with details of any changes in legal and regulatory requirements or other developments that may be relevant to your affairs and, where applicable, how we may assist you further. If you do not wish to receive such information from us, please let us know by contacting us as indicated under ‘Contact information’ below.
We are required by legislation, other regulatory requirements and our insurers to retain our data where we have ceased to act for you. To ensure compliance with all such requirements it is the policy of the firm to retain data for a period of up to six years from the end of the period concerned. If for any legal reason your data is required to be held past this time, you will be informed of the extension.
Your rights as a data subject.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data you, the data subject, have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
· Right to judicial review: in the event that Zass Solutions refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the Complaints section below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Zass Solutions, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Zass Solutions data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Contact name: Information Commissioners Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details
Contact Name: Zahir Mohammed
34, Vicarage Lane
Telephone: 07921 945847
Changes to our privacy notice.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review. Paper copies of the privacy notice may also be obtained from Zass Solutions Limited, 34, Vicarage Lane, Wilstead, Bedford MK45 3EY.
This privacy notice was last updated on 17 May 2018.
Zass Solutions Limited, 34, Vicarage Lane, Wilstead, Bedford, MK45 3EY.
Telephone: 07921 945847